Monday, November 30, 2009

Comments 4 Kids Summary

Kids Interacting With Technology
In participating in the Comments4kids activity I will be brutally honest. I don't think I finished the last few. All of the ones that I did comment on were very short small sentences or even video or podcasts. I got behind and I will now turn my summary into "How my influence could have made a difference in at least one of those students life." I could never imagine being in grade school and getting comments from the "big kids." I now at the end of the semester have learned that commenting on these young students work or blogs so to say could be a great influence for them, and help them understand how easy and helpful it could be to interact around the world. The children seemed to be interested in doing these activities online. The ones I listened to were great and the few short sentences I read were cute. I am not sure how it helped the kids because I was not in the classroom, and it is very hard to read a sentence that the teacher more than likely gave them to post and be able to understand their understanding. I remember one podcast with the children being very enthusiastic which made me very excited for them because I knew they were learning through interesting interactions. The beginning of this semester I thought to myself that this would be so crazy and frustrating and a joke. WOW was I wrong. To know that there are teachers all over the world that are changing the learning styles and opportunities for the students amazes me. I hope to one day be able to give my students the fun learning opportunities that these students are getting now. Maybe even increase the use of technology. I think that these children that we were able to comment on their work were probably amazed that it really works. I would have been. I can only imagine what kind of boost towards learning through technology it gave the children. I also remember a few that posted pictures as a project. I loved this. I know those children were so excited to be able to put their hard work onto a blog , and then see people all over the world comment on their work. I hope this is a good conclusion on my thoughts for comments4kids. Hopefully one day Dr.Strange I can have my classroom set up and you and your students can show my students the world around them. :) Thank you for sharing your knowledge and ideas for students with us, and also giving us the opportunity to boost other small students learning experience without even stepping foot in the classroom with them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment