Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Michael Wesch

The World Of Technology
I would love to be the teacher that tells her students we will do whatever it takes to get things done. I think that media does shape the world around us. The new generation learns from media. The number of youtube visits and uploads daily is amazing. Although, I love watching youtube. You can access youtube and find almost anything you need. Instructions to a good laugh. The styles of the way people dress are persuaded by media and what the people on TV wear. I think everything is shaped by the things done around us. His talk was very funny. I love the video where Charlie bit his finger ! While I was listening to his talk my dad was sitting near by and he had watched the video of Charlie biting the finger and he said to me "you are watching this for school" and I replied with "yes sir, school is nothing like it was when you were there, technology is school now."
CLICK HERE

1 comment:

  1. And what was your father's comment in response to " 'yes sir, school is nothing like it was when you were there, technology is school now.' "?

    In the last minute of his talk Dr. Wesch suggests there is a possibility that new conversations, spawned by the new media, might lead to a generation of individuals who care. Based on your experiences in this class, is there any evidence that you have seen in EDM310 that he may be correct?

    ReplyDelete