Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Networked Student by Wendy Drexler

The students notebook of the future
This was very cool. It really reminded me of an overlook of Dr. Strange's class. I did listen to the question at the end. I was thinking during the video this is really sounding like what is even important about having a teacher. Then I remembered without the teacher teaching the students how to do and get involved with all of these things there would be no knowledge of all the resources across the web. A teacher is still important , the main thing about technology is there is so much more information and easier access for the teacher and students and parents to connect with one another and the world. I am not too sure I am fully educated on all of the great sources to use online to teach students about yet, but I will stay updated on all of the things I have learned about in Dr. Strange's class. So therefore I will eventually be ready to teach my students. I love the fact that you can have access to some of the nations best professors through Itunes. There are so many wide range of educational tools through the web now it is amazing!click here

1 comment:

  1. I don't think anyone can keep up with it all. That's why a PLN is so wonderful (and needed). In the networked world students will have lots of teachers, and through them find out more than if there were only one individual acting as "teacher."

    ReplyDelete