Sunday, September 27, 2009

WIRED STORY

I have always relied on Wikipedia , ALWAYS. I have really learned new information while reading this article. I do not see how it is possible for this to be legitimate information we are trying to access, when there are anonymous people editing the information to fit their own personal "needs". I have never looked up things like Wal-Mart before , but that shocked me to find out that to benefit their business they altered parts of information. After reading this article it makes me wonder... How many other websites have been altered by "anonymous" people to benefit their business or themselves?

2 comments:

  1. Lots. But I use Wikipedia all the time. Just keep your brain turned on and your eyes open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are my comments not visible? Do you have your settings set incorrectly?

    Wikipedia can be useful. Just keep your eyes open and your brain on when you use it. All sources are subject to bias and error. That even applies to me (sometimes)!

    ReplyDelete