Sunday, September 27, 2009

"What I've Learned This Year" by Mr. McClung

This article was the BEST. I have learned so much from him in one sitting. His article spoke so much to me. Every idea he gave was a great one. I'll start from the bottom and go to the top with the ones that were my main focus. Never stop learning. I think that's something that every teacher needs to know. As the generations change different kids know and are interested in different things. We need to learn more about everything at all times. We need to learn any new ways of teaching, ways of presenting lessons , ect. Also, knowing the students very well. I really thought that quote was awesome from one of his kids. I want to be that teacher that every student feels like it is just fine to come to me. There were many teachers I was so terrified to discuss issues with , because they were so intimidating. Also, that there is no perfect plan. The fact of not getting upset when what you thought would be great for the kids blows up in your face; just keep going with a smile on your face. A very important idea is making sure your lessons are student centered. Overall, I have learned it is all about the students and never forget that.

2 comments:

  1. I am delighted you liked this. Mr. McClung s an excellent role model for new teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad Mr. McClung's comments were meaningful to you.

    ReplyDelete